TOYOTA - Cressida X30 - 1ª Geração RX30 e RX35 - 1976-1980

Iniciado por Umtali, 10 de Dezembro de 2005, 06:31

Tópico anterior - Tópico seguinte

Umtali

O modelo Cressida é uma das versões da plataforma X da Toyota, que tem como base o Toyota Corona MarkII.
Este modelo tinha como destino os mercados Europeus e da América do Norte. Para outros mercados, como o Japão, e para diferentes segmentos a Toyota diferenciou os modelos e atribuiu nomes como Corona Mark II, MarkII, Chaser e Cresta.

Legenda: Toyota Cressida sedan

A primeira geração do Cressida foi lançado em Dezembro de 1976 e a produção terminou em Julho de 1980. A primeira geração do Cressida tinha como base a terceira geração do Corona MarkII. Eram fabricados na fábrica de Motomachi.

Carroçarias
Sedan de 4 portas
Coupé Hardtop
Station Wagon

Legenda: Toyota Cressida Coupé Hardtop

Motores
13T-U 1800 - 1770cc, não disponível na Europa
18R-C 2000 - 1968cc, 88.5mm X 80mm, SOHC, 97cv@5500rpm, 145Nm@3600rpm
4M 2600cc - 2563cc, 6 cilindros, SOHC, 108-122cv@5600rpm, 181-191Nm@3600 rpm. Também disponível com injecção.

Equipamento
Base
GL
Deluxe
Super Deluxe - Não disponível na Europa

Legenda: Toyota Cressida Station Wagon

Códigos - Na Europa foram comercializadas as 3 carroçarias, mas apenas com o motor 18R.
RX30 - Sedan e Coupé; disponível com cx. automática, 4 e 5 velocidades; Base, GL e Deluxe
RX35 - Wagon; disponível com cx. automática, 4 e 5 velocidades; Base, GL e Deluxe
João Freire - Sócio AJA nº 11

CelicaGTI

Aqui vai uma informação de última hora:

Cressida = kureshida (na verdade era chamado de Cresta (=ku re su ta) no Japão.

http://www.amigosjaponesesantigos.com/">Novo endereço AJA - www.AmigosJaponesesAntigos.com

kombota

The Toyota Cressida was a midsize, high-end luxury sedan introduced by Toyota in 1973, first exported in its second generation in 1977. The same chassis, with slightly different bodies were available in other countries as the Toyota Mark II, Toyota Chaser and Toyota Cresta. The Cressida name was retired in 1992, but the chassis and MarkII, Chaser, and Cresta names continued production in Japan until the early 2000s.

The Cressida was available worldwide in a variety of forms and engines. The available engines included the G series I6, M series I6, and R series I4 gasoline motors, as well as the L series I4 diesel.

Japanese market tastes were generally "formal" in the mid-1980s for this segment and the Cressida followed. In 1985, the Cressida, Mark II and Chaser went slightly more upright and square, when overseas trends were beginning to move toward rounded, fluid shapes.

First Generation

Production: 1977–1980
Engine: 2.0L I4, 2.6 L 115hp, 4M-E I6
Transmission: 4-Speed Automatic Overdrive, 5-speed manual
Wheelbase: 102.0 in.
Length: 178.20 in.
Width: 66 in.
Height: 57.90 in.
The first generation Cressida (the MX32) was available as a sedan, wagon, and in some markets, a coupe. It was viewed at the time as one of the most advanced cars on the road, boasting simple but elegant styling with numerous standard featrues like soft cloth seats, a high quality imitation wood in the interior, and tight fit & finish with tight clearances and small gaps. Reviewers of the time noted an absence of squeak and rattles on even one-year-old test cars.

Standard features included air conditioning (unusual as a standard feature at the time), automatic transmission (a 5-speed manual was available), power steering, rear seat armrests, AM/FM/Cassette stereo with Amplifier(again unusual), steel-belt radials, reclining front seats, and a rear window defroster. Power windows were optional. Soundproofing was extensive, and the Cressida is famous for being one of the quietest cars on the road at the time.

The 4M-E straight-six was a Single Overhead-Cam (SOHC) that was both powerful and quiet, however gas mileage was somewhat of a weak point, but still better than American luxury cars of the era. Cornering was reported to be very good by standards of the times, despite a smooth ride.

Kaizen

Legenda: Toyota Cressida sedan, versão europeia

Legenda: Toyota Cressida coupé hardtop, versão europeia

Legenda: Toyota Cressida sedan, pintura em 2 tons, versão para América do Norte

Rui Coelho
Associado AJA Nº1